What You Should Know:
– Velatura Services (Velatura) today announced that it has been selected as part of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Health Equity Initiative, a $40M, three-year commitment supporting organizations that are developing solutions to advance health equity.
– Participation in the initiative will enhance Velatura’s efforts to provide essential data management infrastructure, advance data exchange, improve well-being, and reduce disparities.
Amazon Web Services Health Equity Initiative
Through the initiative, AWS offers computing credits and customized technical expertise to selected organizations around the world that want to use AWS services to improve health outcomes and health equity in any of the following areas:
1) increasing access to health services for underserved communities
2) addressing social determinants of health
3) leveraging data to promote more equitable and inclusive systems of care. AWS credits and technical expertise will further support Velatura’s mission to help both public and private sector organizations streamline and scale the secure exchange of clinical, administrative, and person-level data across organizational boundaries and local communities.